I descend from a long line of genealogists and grew up hearing the stories of my ancestors. During my teenage years, I enjoyed volunteering as a docent at This is the Place State Park, sharing the stories of Utah’s pioneer heritage with thousands of visitors each summer. I went on to graduate with a Bachelors from Brigham Young University in Family History with a minor in Business Management, and later received a Masters in English Local History with Distinction from the University of Leicester.
I enjoy all aspects of genealogical involvement, including teaching, transcribing, and especially research. I excel in stratagem and creative search methods. I always welcome new clients and would be pleased to assist you in any way I can.
- MA with Distinction in English Local History, University of Leicester, 2014
- BA in Family History – Genealogy (Minor in Business Management), Brigham Young University, 2003
- Researcher for TV show Relative Race, 2023-current
- Consultant for Ancestor Seekers, 2019-current
- Editor and Genealogist for Price and Associates, Inc, 2004-current
- Private client researcher, 2004-current
- Adjunct Online Faculty for Brigham Young University – Idaho, 2015-2022
- Continuing Education Instructor for Weber State University, 2016
- Board of Directors for Utah Genealogical Association (UGA), 2007
- PAF 5.2 Instructor for Davis County Continuing Education, 2006-07
- British Reference Consultant at the Family History Library, 2004-06
- Host of TV and radio show Questions and Ancestors, 2004
- Genealogy Help Team at Ancestry, 2003-04
- Intern at the Family History Library, 2002
- Genealogist for the New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002
- Intern at the New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002
- Teaching Assistant at Brigham Young University, 2000-03
- Cincinnati Ohio Stake Family History Conference: upcoming October 2021
- RootsTech 2020: “You CAN do Irish Genealogy,” “ScotlandsPeople 101”
- Weber State University 2016: “Intro to English/Welsh Genealogy,” “Intro to Scottish Genealogy,” “Intro to Irish Genealogy”
- Murray Family History Fair 2012: “Top 20 British Websites Used in Genealogy”
- “The Great Blow: examinations and informations relating to the Great Blow in Norwich 1648,” edited by Andrew Hopper, Jean Agnew, and Emily Wilbur Alley, [Norfolk, England] Norfolk Record Society, 2018.
- [Dissertation] “A Humble Petition: Lancashire War Widows, 1642-1679”, University of Leicester, 2014.
- “British Immigrants Projects.” Utah Genealogical Association Genealogical Journal. Vol. 31, No. 3 (2003): 138-140.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Honorary Visiting Fellow, University of Leicester, 2015
- John Nicholls Prize, essay contest, University of Leicester, 2014
- Open Scholarship, University of Leicester, 2012
- Fulbright Scholarship Runner-Up, University of Leicester, 2012
- Young Family Historian of the Year Award, Brigham Young University, 2006
- ORCA research grant, emigration study in the British Isles, Brigham Young University, 2003
- ORCA research grant, family history research in Maine, Brigham Young University, 2002
- Mansfield Internship Scholarship to NEHGS, Brigham Young University, 2002
- Academic Scholarship, Brigham Young University, 1999-2003